February 14, 2010

Awards!

I feel very honoured to have had two blogging awards bestowed upon me this past week. I have been hit hard by an awful summer flu so these awards and my reading have been two things to keep me smiling!

The first award was from Jane and it is The Prolific Blogger Award. The description on Jane's blog describes a Prolific Blogger as; one who is intellectually productive… keeping up an active blog that is filled with enjoyable content.
Thank you so much for this award Jane - it really means a lot to me. I feel that my blog has become a bigger part of my life this year and I have been putting more thought into my content and posting so I am glad it is entertaining you!
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to this post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners.
I am going to pass this award on to the following bloggers who always inform and entertain me:

1. Jackie at Farmlane Books - Jackie has informative, entertaining and discussion provoking posts virtually every day.
2. Claire at Kiss A Cloud - I have never made a secret of the fact that Claire is one of my favourite bloggers - our reading tastes are not always the same but I love reading about Claire's passion for her reading life.
3. Frances at Nonsuch Book - Always informative, interesting and varied posts - I love dropping by every day.
4. Claire at Paperback Reader - Another great blog with entertaining posts and thoughtful reviews - I especially love the new blog site!
5. Kimbofo at Reading Matters - A great blog from an Aussie living in the UK - I might be slightly jealous!!
6. Simon at Savidge Reads - I don't know where Simon gets so much energy or so many great ideas but I love that he shares them with us through his blog!
7. Steph at Steph & Tony Investigate! - I love the variety in Steph's posts - books, movies, travel, cooking but it is her book reviews that I find particularly prolific!

My other award came from JoAnn and it is the Love Your Header award. Thank you so much for passing on this award to me JoAnn although I have to be honest and pass some of the glory to my partner who took the photo that currently makes up my header when we were in Killarney, Ireland last September.
Some of my favourite headers that I would like to pass this award on to are:

4. Claire at Kiss A Cloud

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww cheers Karen thats very kind of you! In answer to the question I have no idea either!

Paperback Reader said...

Thanks, Karen! I'm delighted that everyone seems to be loving the new site :).

Thanks for answering where your new header photo was taken as I have been curious.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! It looks as though our blogging tastes are very similar as you have just listed most of my favourite blogs too!

JoAnn said...

Ah, I thought that was Ireland!! Congratulations on the prolific blogger award, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards! They are well deserved. I hope you feel better soon...! Thanks for passing an award on to me. I do have fun with that header. :)

Steph said...

Thanks for the "shout out" Karen! You know I love your blog too... I've also been hit with a flu rather hard of late, so this certainly brightened my day! :D

Frances said...

Many thanks, Karen. That is so sweet of you. Makes me want to work harder on the blog to deserve your kudos. I always enjoy what I find here as well. And congrats to all your other award recipients! Some of my favorite reads.

kimbofo said...

That's very sweet of you, Karen. I often think about pulling the pin on my blog because it just eats into my time too much, but then I know I'd miss it if I stopped!

Love your blog header, by the way.

Oh, and don't be too jealous about living in the UK. The weather is rubbish. All. The. Time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen! I feel honoured! <3

x
Aimee
http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

claire said...

Thanks so much Karen! You know you're a favourite of mine too. :) And I love your new header because it has you in it. xoxo

Cristina (Rochester Reader) said...

Congratulations on your awards! And your new header is quite breath-takingly beautiful.

Tamara said...

Well Done and Congrats on your awards Karen - you truly deserve them both. I too love your blog as it reflects so much about you - your creativity, thoughtful effort in writing, and your insight and reflection on the depth of the books you read. And congrats to all those you passed the awards on to - because you've pointed them out, I'll go and visit them too.

Karen said...

Hi Simon - you are most welcome! No need to answer the question - just keep up the great blogging for me and so many others to enjoy!

Hi Claire - Definitely! I think it looks wonderful!

Hi Jackie - I thought we would probably have very similar blog tastes too!

Hi JoAnn - it sounds like I should have made it a guessing game!

Hi Sarah - thanks so much - I am on the mend now thankfully - I hate being sick anytime but especially in summer!

Hi Steph - it sounds like it has hit a few of us all around the world! Isn't it lovely how germs like to travel!

Hi Frances - you are so more than welcome!

Hi kimbofo - I know, I know!! My friends and family tell me that about the UK weather all the time and how much I would hate it but I can't help my dream! I can imagine how much time your excellent blog would take up but please don't stop!! Unless you really want to of course!

Hi Aimee - You are more than welcome - thank you for the beautiful blog!

Hi Claire - Thank you! It was a big decision for me to put a photo of me up in the blogging world (even if it is my back!!).

Hi Rochester Reader - thank you so much. I have to admit I am not much of a nature person but this photo always makes me feel peaceful and serene.

Hi T - thank you so much! My creativity is an area of my life that I want to devote more time to from now on and I see my blog as a big way of meeting this goal. Thank you to you for all of your support and inspiration. xox

Samantha said...

Thank you Karen - much abliged!

Karen said...

Hi Samantha - you are very much welcome!