June 24, 2009

Coco Chanel


I do like living in the town/city where I live - it has many things going for it and many things that I enjoy about it. But there are also many things that frustrate me about it. In particular being able to see movies that I want to see without having to travel to Sydney! I have so been looking forward to seeing the Coco Chanel movie that comes out in Australia this week but of course - it is not showing in my home town. I am so disappointed. So, in order to see the movie I would need to travel to Sydney - which is ordinarily not a problem but our weekends are full for the next month at least so there will be no opportunities to travel there.

So I am going to have to live vicariously - have any of you seen this movie or heard anything about it?

10 comments:

Eva said...

I really want to see this one too! I don't know when it comes out, though.

Karen said...

Hi Eva - it's out in Australia today so I am assuming it is out in the US too??

Paperback Reader said...

I want to see this too but it isn't release in the UK until the end of July.

Did you know that Justine Picardie (who wrote Daphne) has written a new biography of Coco Chanel, due to be released later this year? It should be one to anticipate; I enjoyed what she did with Daphne Du Maurier, although that was more of a literary interpretation.

verity said...

I am looking forward to this, I think Audrey Tatou will be a good Chanel. And the Justine Picardie should be interesting too.

Tara said...

I hadn't heard of this at all - sounds good. I hope you get to see it soon.

Anonymous said...

I hadnt heard of this one until now, now I am really excited about it! Thanks Karen!

Karen said...

Hi Paperback Reader - I had heard some things about the new Justine Picardie book but I was not sure when it was being released - thanks for letting me know! I loved Daphne too.

Hi Verity - I'm a huge fan of Audrey Tatou - I think she will be brilliant in this role.

Hi Tara - thanks! I hope when I do get to see it it is as good as I am hoping it will be!

Hi Savidgereads - no problem!

Danielle said...

I am so out of the loop when it comes to movies--I didn't even know they made one of Coco Chanel. I never get to movies, so I will watch for this one on Netflix. And artsy films don't tend to make it to my city either!

Karen said...

Hi Danielle - I think I only know about this one because I am such a huge Audrey Tatou fan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Everyday I thank the heaven for the recent arrival of a start of the art Dendy here in Canberra, otherwise I too would have to drive to Sydney for great films!

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it! I really went in knowing nothing about Coco's personal life and came out charmed and inspired. I also enjoyed the fact that it was focused on her life before she was a fashion icon...oh and the clothes!!