October 04, 2008

Holidays on Hold


Some mixed news in our household over the past few days. I found out that I have an interview for a job I applied for not so long ago - which is great - but the day of the interview is smack bang in the middle of our planned holiday to the coast - which is most definitely not so great as we have now had to cancel our holiday. I didn't realise how much I was looking forward to this holiday until it was taken away!

So, I have spent the last couple of days mourning my holiday and generally being down in the dumps - but I have decided to snap out of that! I still get a week of time with my boy and we are now planning some day trips away so that we can still have some fun and give me time to prepare for my interview. It's not all bad!

And, I can still do plenty of reading!

5 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

Sorry you have to miss your holiday : (

I'd be disappointed to.

Jill said...

I feel for you. I had a vacation planned with my husband (tacked on to the end of a business trip for me). Then the day before we were scheduled to leave, my husband had to cancel his trip for work reasons. As a result, I am now in New York, sitting in my hotel bed ALONE. sigh.
Best of luck with your interview!

Karen said...

Hi Dina - thank you for that - yes, it is disappointing but not the end of the world I guess!
Hi Jill - that's no fun - being in New York alone and without your husband. I hope you can still have some fun and find some good bookshops!

Tamara said...

Karen, my condolences on the loss of your beachside holiday. SOunds like you've found a way to turn the week into something special anyway. Have you had a chance to get into that journalling book yet?

Karen said...

Hi Tamara - yes the grief is strong but I'm getting through it! I haven't had a chance to look at journalling book as yet but thought that might be a good holiday thing to do if I get the chance.